Raising cattle is a unique experience made up of many hours of hard work and dedication. It’s also a great way to sit back and observe how mother nature can teach you many of the major life lessons you need for a successful life. Enjoy our list of 10 lessons learned on the ranch.
1. Those who say only sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain.
2. Water the grass on your side of the fence and then enjoy it.
3. Respect your elders. They have way more life experience than you do.
4. Break the rules sometimes. And then run like heck!
5. Trust the right people. Those who make an effort to show you how much they care are a good place to start.
6. Cultivate and care for your friendships. Your friends are some of the most important people on Earth.
7. Sometimes you have to walk a ways to get where you’re going. But don’t give up because the reward is worth the hard work.
8. Set boundaries with people in your life. And when they cross that line, don’t be afraid to let them know!
9. Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd.
And finally, the most important lesson of them all…
10. If you’ve got to pick your nose, make sure no one’s looking.
We hope everyone has a great weekend full of laughs, friends and family, and a whole lot of beef!