Please note the giveaway is now closed but please enjoy the recipe below.
Labor Day is coming up quickly and we want to be ready to tackle the grill confidently and in style! To do that, we’ve partnered with someone who celebrates beef often and creates delicious recipes to bring you a yummy giveaway. Brad Prose is a Phoenix-born family man, professional recipe developer, food writer, and culinary photographer – the force behind Chiles and Smoke™. His combined passion for fine dining and BBQ shines through his presentations and cooking style. Brad uses social media, the website, and his brand to share his passion and story to inspire new ideas. Not only is he helping us with this giveaway but he also put together a taco recipe just for your enjoyment!
Giveaway details first.
What do you get?
Grand Prize receives a United We Steak puzzle, tongs, koozie, apron, lighter, and a $100 Omaha Steak gift card.
2nd Prize receives a United We Steak puzzle, tongs, koozie, apron, lighter, and a $50 Omaha Steak gift card.
3rd Prize receives a United We Steak puzzle, tongs, koozie, apron, lighter, and a $25 Omaha Steak gift card.
You have three chances to win! And the steps to enter are easy.
Here’s what you need to do to be eligible for this giveaway.
1- Like this post (LINK) on Instagram.
2- Comment on the same post (LINK) telling us your favorite cut of beef to grill.
4- Finally, head over to this LINK to fill out a quick entry form.
The contest starts on August 28, 2020 and runs until midnight, Eastern Standard Time, on September 3, 2020.
And now for the recipe!
Ancho Coffee Skirt Steak Tacos
Welcome to Ancho Coffee Skirt Steak Tacos, your gateway to a simple recipe with a huge blast of flavor without much hassle. Amazing salsa, too! You can cook both back to back to save time.
- Omaha Steaks Skirt Steak, approx 14oz (learn more about Skirt Steak here)
- 2 Tbsp finely ground coffee
- 2 Tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Zest of 1 lime
CREAMY CORN SALSA
- 2 ears corn
- 1 Cup Mexican crema (or sour cream, mayo)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced finely
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp Ancho Coffee Rub to season
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Heat up the grill to medium-high heat, around 400-450F.
- Mix the rub ingredients together, taste and adjust. Slice the Skirt Steak in half, so you have 2 shorter pieces. This allows you to easily fit both on the grill. Season the Skirt Steaks well and allow the meat to rest while you start the corn.
- Grill the corn, turning to char each side if desired. This will take between 6-8 minutes. While the corn is grilling, prepare the other vegetables for the salsa.
- Take the corn off the grill and allow them to cool. Place the Skirt Steaks on the grill, do not disturb for 2-3 minutes until it has a nice char. Flip, repeat, and check the temperature for your desired cook. I prefer to grill until 130 for Medium Rare, knowing it will continue to rise as it rests.
- The steak is resting, go ahead and cut off the corn kernels. Mix the corn and the other ingredients together, using the Ancho Coffee Rub to season it. You might need more seasoning depending on your taste.
- (Optional) Toss the tortillas on the grill for 1 minute each side for an extra char.
- Serve in tortillas, with the salsa.
Use a coffee that tastes good to you! I prefer dark roast for grilling, but any kind will work. There’s 1 lime in the recipe, make sure you zest it for the rub, then juice it for the salsa.
Enjoy the recipe, enter the contest and get ready for to unite with close family and friends around the grill!